Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of electric knife do you have And how long have you had it?

What would you buy if you were buying a new one?

Electrics only please.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I used the mr. twister and bought the rapala blades and ground off the the edge to match the original blade of the mr. twister so it would lock in.

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
I have had a Mr Twister for 8 ot 10 years. A new set of blades every 2 years or so, depending on how many snapper I clean. Snapped and reds are all i use them for, just to save time. Everything else gets a dexter

·
VIP of the PFF
8,491 Posts
I use the mister twister. Every now and then you can find them on sale for $20.00 @ basspro or academy. I use a fixed blade bubba knife for most of my fish ,but when I'm cleaning crappie or mullet .....I want my mister twister !

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My wife bought me a Rapala Ion cordless electric filet knife for Father's Day. Once I got used to it, I like it. Cordless makes all the difference for me, the corded one I had before I stopped using because the cord was always in my way and I just went back to a good sharp filet knife. Used it this past snapper season and since then on whatever we have kept.

I don't know that I would have spent the money on it, but I like it so far, for whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Use a Rapala and like it. Sharpen my own blades two or three time and then buy new ones. Only drawback for me is that electric knives, for me at least, seem to grab the skin on Dolphin or Grouper when removing the skin. Everything else is fine.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks people.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the American Angler models for trout, small reds, drum, and magi. They have long “Shark” blades that really cut well, but are shaped well to fillet and skin. For fish with thick ribs, like a sheepshead, I have a “Hoss”, which uses a sharp serrated single blade on a reciprocating saw body. It is absolute hell on Sheepshead, snapper, and larger reds, but you have to wear a cut-proof glove on your off hand, because if it gets into you, it will be bad...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts