Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,no tow boat in this report finally. Been about,Oh close to a year and a half since I did this so forgive me If i screw it up. Left Navy point launch around 10am on sat. only to be met with some fog midway to the turning basin but kept on pounding towards the pass when we were met with what looked like a shotgun start for an SKA event,man was a lot of boats around. SO we headed out the pass into what appeared to be decent seas and found ourselves socked into a deep,damp fog with a confused sea. Made it to the #6bouy for a bait run and nothing,barely saw the bouy and off to the #5 and so on only to realize this sucks and lets head into the pass. Came into the pass and was greeted by some familiar faces in the [email protected] with Potter,Karon and Karons Dad. Sure glad we stopped to say hello cause it really made our day:bowdown Sheepshead galore was on the ticket and didn't stop till we got tired of catching or should I say reality set in on whos gonna clean all these fish. Heres one shot of organizing the cooler

Decided to just do the right thing after these 12 sheepies and only released 2 more into the cooler and let the rest go.More boppin around and more sheepies and a couple southern kingfish cam into the boat only to be released as well along with a couple catfish and misc. stuff. This guy was following us just about all day like a moth to a light bulb so beware if ya see him out there

Today was the worst of the weekend with the SE wind just a blowing. Cobia fished the late morning into early afternoon with only a turtle and 3 rays spotted. Came back inside for some more sheep action but the wind was to swift and only boated 1 sheepshead with a bunch still biting the baits. All fish were caught off live shrimp with little action from even a freshly dead one. No fish were harmed during this outing and were released directly into the cooler for later sampling in the deep frier:hungry Can't wait till the offshore action starts with weedlines and such cause I suck at the inshore report thingy but it will have to do for now since the boats runnin good(finally!)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great report Dan, I cant wait to hear the cooking report. Will it be the Silver box or the other silver box, or the Cast iron skillet. Way to go man, glad to read a report from you. Eat up brother, that is some good eating. :bowdown:clap

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Saw Karon and crew on the [email protected] round the Pickens Pier.

They were loading up.

We shark fished but.... too early.

Caught a bunch of hardheads and one confused pelican.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Oh, Karon that was me that hollered at ya when ya'll were unloading.

The really handsome guy....

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Great report and pic's Dan!!!!!finally out without a tow,fire extinquisher....:clap...that's a start of a real good season to come.....:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Good to see a report from you Dan. I was out on Saturday and Sunday but didn't see you or anybody else I know out there. We must have been fishing too hard.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
thank god that boats finally moving around the bay and gulf under its own power. hopefully you won't have anymore problems with it dan. thanks for the report and it was good to see you the other day

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
good report dan and thanks for the pictures. you did fine and i'm like you, i'd rather be in the gulf but hey, it's coming...glad your boat is running good...anytime you see MP, just means fish are there...MP can put you on some fish...

oh yeah...mike, karon, and her dad came back to the dock to clean a bunch of sheeps and her dad had caught one heckuva bay gag...i'm sure she'll post up...

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Nice report Dan! good to see that boat back in the water.

Look forward to fishing with ya soon. Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice report Dan, thanks for the shrimp. :bowdown:bowdown

By the way, I wouldn't have followed ya round, but I was waitin for the chance to test out the new fire extinguisher. :moon :angel :grouphug:grouphug

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks yall,good to be back on the water and nearly 100%. Bugs,I hate Bugs but nothin I can't stamp out with a quick shoe swatting $$$. I sure do miss the tow-boat days though,dang fuels expensive both ways. One person I left out in this post is Bill from SOS Marine. Thanks Bill for keeping an obsolete part in stock to make this trip happen,dang Navarre is further and more developed than I remember.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts