Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wanted to do some deep dropping for groceries this weekend so we made the run out towards the elbow. Seas and weather were beautiful save for a small rain storm just north of the Edge in the morning. I am not really qualified to identify the elusive "blue water" that everyone talks about but the water around the elbow looked pretty clear and blue to me. Water was murky and green out to around 20 nm. Water temp was around 88 degrees at the elbow.

We saw several schools of blackfins busting bait on the surface but they were skittish and sounded every time we got within 100 yards. Deep drop bite was a little slow but we did pick up several tiles. While deep dropping we had a nice gaffer size mahi swim right up to the boat. He must of thought I was pretty ugly as he didnt respond to chum and disappeared immediately. On the way back in we trolled a decent rip in about 650 ft with frequent weed and trash. Most of the weed had bait on it and we saw several peanuts chasing while trolling. Several larger pieces of trash were loaded with bait and we both caught our first triple tail off of some buckets. Both were an inch short. Picked up some Mingo's and scamp on the way in. Beautiful out there.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
When you get in Blue Water you will definitely know it. It’s a deep Cobalt blue color. Almost a deep purple color..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts