Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of my eisenglas windows have become almost opaque in certain areas. I have polished with 210 and a buffer and made superficial improvements but need something else-maybe replacement. Anyone in the Pensacola area that you could recommend for the job? I can take them out and carry them to the shop. Thanks

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
From another Forum........

posted January 28, 2002 12:13 PM <HR style="COLOR: #5d7790" SIZE=1>

Alhtough it is still January and snow is on the ground, I'm starting to think of spring...must be because I went to the Spokane Boat Show yesterday. Anyway....any ideas/guidance on cleaning eisenglas?

posted January 31, 2002 09:03 PM <HR style="COLOR: #5d7790" SIZE=1>

Meguire's car and boat wax co. out of Irvine, CA makes two products just for this. Call their 800 hot line and tell them you hear it from a happy customer on thexxxxxxxxxx web site. kept it great for 7 years till I sold the boat.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Novus products were made to polish and clean plexiglas but I don't know what they would do to vinyl windows. I have heard of people using 303 Aerospace Protectant to preserve their vinyl windows but they have to be clean and scratch free beforehand.

Do a Google search on "eisenglas cleaner" and I'll bet you will find what you're looking for.

As a point of reference, eisenglas was originally a term used for sheet mica that is a natural mineral found in the North country and used by the explorers and trappers for windows in their cabins. It was also used for small windows in pot bellied stoves before the invention of silica based glass.

Now y'all can stump your friends around the water cooler this morning with these little tid bits of information!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. Took panels to Kevin White and he did the job promptly and at a reasonable price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts