Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are getting a second chance at the Eglin youth hunt I decided to come down and try to scout out a new spot for brayden . Most of the spots I hunt are a little too far of a walk for a seven year old but from the sign I found here I may change that philoshphy. I have to admit looking at some of these rubs I'm tempted to keep this spot for myself lol. Plus the porkers make for a target rich environment!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
No porker down?

·
Registered
34 Posts
New To the Area

HEY Im new to the area and to the site recommended by a friend. I was hoping to get some good tips for hunting deer out here i know i have one week left at EGLIN any help would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HEY Im new to the area and to the site recommended by a friend. I was hoping to get some good tips for hunting deer out here i know i have one week left at EGLIN any help would be great! Thanks
You dont have much time but fortunate for you this is by far the best time of year for our area. Just hit up www.jacksonguard.com about permit info. Eglin is like most other public land , the deer are there but so are the hunters. My advice is look for an area that isnt getting too much pressure and sit as long as you can. This time of the year they are moving all day! Never know when a good one will cruize by. Just try to do your scouting mid day and be respectful to the hunters who will be out there. Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
You dont have much time but fortunate for you this is by far the best time of year for our area. Just hit up www.jacksonguard.com about permit info. Eglin is like most other public land , the deer are there but so are the hunters. My advice is look for an area that isnt getting too much pressure and sit as long as you can. This time of the year they are moving all day! Never know when a good one will cruize by. Just try to do your scouting mid day and be respectful to the hunters who will be out there. Good luck

Thanks ill keep that in mind I got the permit I'll be getting out this weekend hopefully will be letting you guys know how it turns out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts