Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunted a new spot in MU7 today that I've scouted in the past. Turned out to be a short hunt. At about 0645 I see bits and pieces of an animal moving throughsome thickbrush. I thought I saw tips of horns and then I see a little oaktree shaking around. Buck!He's still moving around in the thick stuff so I haven't gotten a look at him. Hit the grunt call and he starts down the hill toward me(I'm not sure the grunt reallyhelped). He steps into an opening at about 60yrds and Isee he's a biggun. Holy Moly! Now I'm nervous.I let him walkabout another 10 stepsto a real good clearing and stop him with a hey-hey. He looks up, bang, he flounders and piles up behind a bush. Normally, I'd stay in the tree and try for a double but not with this deer. I knew he was bigbut I didn't realizehewas this kind of bruiser until I walked up on him.

135lb 8pt with one sticker, 20 3/4 inch inside spread, rough scored at 119.5 gross. This a personal best for me. I'mfired up! Who says you can't get atrophy on public land!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Damn! (This is way past Dang).

That's a helluva deer for this area public or private land.

Congrats, man.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can you say wide!! Congrats on one fine whitetail buck deer for sure. Thanks for sharing and the pics!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
NICE deer, no mater where you hunt! Congrats on the wide buck. I am gearing up for the late ML season and spring turkey, knee got fixed and I am itching to get out there!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Damn!! That's huge! I've hunted unit 7 for nearly 20 years and only seen one deer close to that. You should pass these pics by Justin at Jackson Guard. That's got to be one of the widest to ever come out of unit 7.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congrats brother!!!, what a stud.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts