Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode over today and got my permit. I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction of where to start looking for a spot to bowhunt for starters. I've NEVER hunted here and am a little overwhelmed at the acreage avaiable. I'd like something close to the West side, Units 12 & 14 maybe. Later I may venture to the archery only areas. I just have NO IDEA where to start or what it's gonna be like come open season. Some general info would be appreciated also, i.e. Amount of people, traffic and where, and anything else you have for me. I'm not asking for honey holes just where to start. If you're like me you've always had a place in mind but never hunted it and wished someone would. Something like that would suffice. Just point me the way. Thanks, Greg.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldnt waste my time in unit 12... more dogs and people than anything else. 14 is slow for the most part, and you get alot of people that like to ride and look at prime time. I wouldnt waste time in 3 either... dogs and people. I know its a long drive but you will see deer consistently just about anywhere in 7 and 9. unit 2 is closer and can also be productive with a little scouting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Units 9A and 10 are your best bet for a nice buck. 9 gets pretty crowded for archery season but hardly anybody hunts in 10. If you just want a doe, 7 is loaded with them. Nothing special about the archery only areas. They don't want guns around active ranges so those areas are archery only. Hunt weekdays if you can. You won't see much on the west side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts