Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since most of my spots in YR are flooded I am considering a trip to Eglin. Haven't hunted over there in years. We went to Unit 6 I believe which is now Jackson. How difficult is the check-in process?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Check in isn't bad most of the year. Late muzzleloader draws some South Florida hunters up here and it might get busy as they tend to hunt the Jackson units. I'd personally hunt areas that don't require the check in.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The entire base is open as far as I saw for the forecast....They are chasing or should be...ride some roads,you might find where they are chasing and can setup on it....Its been done before ......

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have a camp at Wilkerson Bluff and I haven't hunted Metts from the river all season due to closures or high water. Now the swamp is flooded again so I am looking at something off 85S. Will have to ride some and get familiar with things again. Years ago we hunted Unit 9 between 211 and 213, but haven't been in their in a while. Not sure if I want to check in or hunt where you don't have to. Anyone hunt in Roberts Pond?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts