Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else hearing anything in Okaloosa county? Eglin is dead quiet. Area 7 and 9 as of 8:30 Thursday only 2 jakes and one tom so far. I haven't heard a gobble since opening day and I have hunted 4 times, everyone else I have talked to are saying the same thing. Anyone having luck elsewhere on Eglin? The birds gobbling on blackwater or elsewhere in Okaloosa County? I can not believe this.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yessir I thought I was the only one not hearing anything.....I have been 3 times since opening weekend and havent got on a bird since....dead silence in place where I know theres Gobblers.....I think the season should have waited a week.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Hunted opening day an heard just one gobble. It was a real weak sounding gobble to. Later in the morning saw 6 hens with 1 tom crossing the road in front of my truck. going in the morning for a few hours so hopefully they wll get started soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
went this morning heard two toms gobbleing,one on top of me the other couple hundred yards down a creek.he flew down not for from me and started gobbling,i call a couple times to let him know where i was,i could see him coming to me about 60 yds out,strutting and drumming when a damm hen started yelping down the hill from him,he turned and went to her i tried calling her off but the real thing sounded better,never heard them again heard no others in other areas.they are starting but alittle slow try unit 6 get in deep

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have seen turkeys at my spot in 13 since bow season, all through muzzleloader and gun, could cout on them every day, had thier pattern down, times evrything, opening day not a bird. I have had no respose since. I know they will change it up as the seasons progress, but come on, not a bird??? I have never seen less than 8 hens and three toms, allways heard them fly down from my tree stand, now nothing. Still trying, just nice to sit in the blind with my little one. Good luck gents.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw a flock of well over 25 birds on Eglin Sunday, set up near there twice and never heard a gobble. I am not sure if it was the cold weather that has them behind or what. But glad to hear it is just not me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not everywhere is quiet...I know of 2 hunters that have scored this week, one on Wednesday and one this morning. Also another hunter had an opportunity but missed. It started off slow but now it seems to be picking up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to the Fort Walton Beach area as my wife got orders to Eglin AFB from Wright Patterson AFB. I got here a few months back and I've been out on Eglin a few times, but wanted to see if anyone was up to meeting up and going hunting together? I've killed a pile of turkeys in my short life time. I'm a prostaffer with Knight and Hale as I use to call competitively before college. Just let me know and you can pull the trigger first. Hope all has a safe and blessed season. God bless!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts