Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hitting freshwater a lot recently but I decided to get back to saltwater. Hit the flats with 2 dozen shrimp and I was out of bait in an hour. TONS of rat reds and ladyfish; still fun. I did get these two keepers (19" and 24"). I switched to artificial for the last hour of the night. Spoons, jerk baits, jigs, top water...didn't get a bite. There was a lot of bait fish around, so I wish I would have brought my net. Could have kept the action up with live bait.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s awesome. I am in the same boat. I just moved into the area last fall and heard about the reds hitting dead shrimp and not lures. Crazy. I thought reds wild live the action. I’m going to try my luck out in Navarre beach soon. I heard the Spanish are there early in the mornings. Probably go when the tourism is gone in like a Wednesday or Thursday. Good luck brother.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s awesome. I am in the same boat. I just moved into the area last fall and heard about the reds hitting dead shrimp and not lures. Crazy. I thought reds wild live the action. I’m going to try my luck out in Navarre beach soon. I heard the Spanish are there early in the mornings. Probably go when the tourism is gone in like a Wednesday or Thursday. Good luck brother.
I frequently use live bait inshore. But I also use artificial baits a lot. Especially spoons. Usually when they’re biting, they will hit either. Not this day. A popping cork with live shrimp is a deadly combo on the flats though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts