Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Eglin hunting permit, and I am a little confused by the map and regulations. I plan on bow hunting as much as possible, but i realized that the bow season was fairly short and couldn't find out if the general gun season permitted bows. Does any body know if you can use a bow during the gun season on Eglin?

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Unless it differs from the rest of FLA -- which it very well might -- you can bow hunt all year. Well, all seasons I mean.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fisheye48 (10/28/2008)and if im not mistaken eglin has a bowhunt only area
It sure does. Thats why im confused because it says the general season is open on the archery only areas which would make me think i could use my bow. Im still confused with how they set up the map and regulations.

·
Registered
179 Posts
YOU CAN USE YOUR BOW IN ANY AREA AND IN ANY SEASON. ARCHERY ONLY AREAS ALOW SOME SHOTGUN USE IN TURKEY SEASON. BUT ARE ARCHERY ONLY IN GENERAL GUN SEASON. IF YOU LOOK AT THE MAP EACHNUMBERED AREA HAS ITS OWN RULES AND SOME HAVE RULE FOR NORTH AND SOUTH OF THE SAME NUMBER LIKE UNIT 6. YOU HAVE TOTREAT IT LIKE EACH AREA IS SOMEONE LETTING YOU HUNT SOME LAND AND THEY ALL HAVE THERE OWN RULES.FIND A UNIT# YOU WANT TO HUNT AND READ ON THE BACK SIDE OF MAP ALL THE RULES FOR THAT AREA.MOST PEOPLE FIND OUT THEY LIKE ONE OR TWO AREAS AND IT ISNT SO HARD TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THE RULES THAT WAY.GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for letting me know.I really wanted to bow hunt as much as possible andthat helps.I am probably planning on only hunting a couple areas, so it wont be to bad.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
There are several bow hunt areas only. Which means when gun season opens back up you can only hunt with a bow. So yes you can bowhunt all season if you so choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts