Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss man gave me the day off so I could try and close out rifle season on a good note. Got in the stand at 10:45. At 1445 I see what I thought was a doe walking in from the east. It walks to within 160 yards and lays down. To me this is great. Now I'm hunting with live bait. 10 min later I see another deer walking in from the west. At first glance with the binoculars it looks like another doe but much bigger than the other. As it continues to walk closer I can see 4" spikes. I let him walk right past. The other deer that was bedded down starts making its way to me. It makes its way right under my stand and I can see its a button buck. Damn the luck. But about 10 mins after he walks off. I turn to my right and see four pigs coming in from the west. I pick the biggest and take my shot. To my surprise they didn't run off. Confusion set in for the pigs and it gave me enough time to line up the sow. I line her up and take my second shot. Both pigs run about 75 yards and pile up. Like I said, not what I was after but I'll take it.
Having issues uploading pictures. Keep getting an error. Trying to upload from iPhone, any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
28,613 Posts
Alot of bacon!!! Congrats on the porkers!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts