Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August the 25th I am wanting to make a run for the edge to try trolling and bottom fishing. However I have never been out their and and have only been a boat owner for a few months. I have a 2018 Robalo R180 deepV and would feel more comfortable if I had a buddy boat to run out their with if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good advice above. Novice boat owners don't need to make such a long run this time of year especially in a small boat. Go with someone else and see how it's done. Much safer. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I agree with those above watch the weather very close and dont be afraid to wait out a storm or run around and enter in a different pass if fuel allows. A 18 foot boat will get very small in a thunderstorm that is producing 3-4 ft nasty chop. Not saying not to do it but may want a little more experience with the boat and bad weather then just a few months. Just my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
28,366 Posts
Definitely watch the weather...this time of year storms pop up like crazy and it can get hairy out there. Maybe someone will chime in to buddy boat ya...

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
Yes but I’m only going if it’s flat.
Even if it is slick flat when you go it can kick up in an hours time with a big squall, and you will still be in deep kimshi!

·
Registered
69 Posts
August the 25th I am wanting to make a run for the edge to try trolling and bottom fishing. However I have never been out their and and have only been a boat owner for a few months. I have a 2018 Robalo R180 deepV and would feel more comfortable if I had a buddy boat to run out their with if anyone is interested.
Id make the run with you. I may be going out there this weekend. I have the R-200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts