Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you guys know already it was flaaaaat out there friday............we saw school after school of tuna out there..........fish busting everywhere.........that all stopped when the water glassed out.................caughtacouple blackfins on northern macks (chunking and flyline).........i saw a post where someone said the remoras were thick, that was an understatement........it was nearly impossible to fish at two spots..........i personally boated 16 and stabbed them all in the gut........i hate those things............had my best red snapper day ever........the two of us boated around 30way bigger than legal red snapps in a very short time..........you could see a huge school of them on the fishfinder:reallycrying.............took home some snowy grouper, lane snapper , mingos and some gag grouper.............we had a school of around 30 mahi hang out around the boat for hours.......boated a couple after lots of effort..........got a couple sharks and very few kings compared to last week.............brought a 3 to 4 foot king to the boat and a huge wahoo cut him in half at the edge of the boat......very cool and scary.........had the chum churn going all day and there were lots of fish in the slick.............all kinds of crazy action and fish chasing each other around the boat.........great day on the water........got to cook up some of the tuna for stuart brown and his family.......i hope i got the "thumbs up" from them:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I would have loved to see the Wahoo eat the King. Sounds like you had a good time and caught plenty to stink up the grease.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Nice variety of fish for the table:toast I love an aggresive wahoo bite,there the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts