Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the brother-in-law planned to go out and drag some baits on Saturday and be back in time to watch some football that afternoon. We left out of Orange Beach about 5:45 Saturday morning heading for the edge between the nipple and elbow. Water was nice and calm so it didn't take to long to reach the edge, at first we headed east toward the nipple but didn't see any flyers or weed lines and decided to turn back to the west and work the drop-offs down to the SW toward the elbow. Few miles NE of the elbow we came across a school of blackfin tuna busting trolled around it and two lines go down, only one sticks and my brother-in-law reels in a nice sized blackfin. Look around locate the birds put lines back out and hit the school again two lines go down again and again only one sticks and I reel a little bigger blackfin. After that the school must have went down as we couldn't locate them again. Worked that area pretty good but no other knockdowns. Called it a morning around noon, ran in by an AJ hole and caught a couple shorts, then took it to the house. From the chatter on the radio didn't sound like too much was happening out there on Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Seared ahi appetizers while you watch the game! Good job, fellas.

And the little one in the last pic is absolutely precious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts