Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not a fraud, just reported that ebt cards will be shut down if the govt shutdown continues through the end of the month...

·
Praedator
9,946 Posts
I saw a news article the other day on the SNAP program. I saw where a family of four was getting over $400 a month for their benefits. Let's just say that is about what I spend in groceries for our family of four. And we don't necessarily skimp on things. These people should be given enough to stay alive, period. Sorry, but it must be painful for these people to be on assistance. Otherwise, why get off the assistance. It has to be a life raft with no frills. But instead we give them an offshore boat instead of a life raft (in metaphore terms). Kick them off the boat and into a life raft and watch how quickly they try to work to earn something again. Assistance should be temporary and not keep a person's standard of living the same as before. This subject pisses me off to no end. Make them stand in line to get bread and milk again. Make it as public as you can. Quit hiding it by loading a credit card. It's not meant to be a permanent lifestyle.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Problem is, when someone has very little and you take it away from someone that has nothing to lose they come to take it from you.

I know, I know. Everyone is a bad a** and these people aren't coming to your house and taking the thing thy you earned, but just remember, it's meet a good idea to start taking things away from those who don't have much. Try to consider that once these people don't have the availability to get food like they once could, they know that in jail you have three meals a day.

I grew up on welfare and in public housing and lived around the people for a large part of my life. I don't agree with the system in any way and it has become a generational problem that should be fixed. All of these people have the same freedoms you have but without the ability to undertake them, so when looking at loosing a freedom (going to jail) that they couldn't partake in anyway due to lack of money, transportation, or whatever the case may be, it's not really that big of a loss. It's like me telling everyone in here that you have te freedom to go to the moon and live there, it doesn't matter if I take that freedom from you because the ability for you to go isn't there.

These are the same people who on the street will shoot one another over shoes or respect and will stab one another in prison over a bag of roman noodles. Lol

I agree it sucks but like many before me have asked.... What do you do?

·
Registered
251 Posts
EBT cards

Seems like just yesterday, there was a town in Louisianna where the EBT cards got screwed up and there was no limit on them. When the people found out (of course, they told all their friends), they went on a spending spree at Walmart. They said one family had 6 baskets full of groceries. The cops were called in to keep the peace and in reality, no laws were being broken. Talk about talking advantage!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Problem is, when someone has very little and you take it away from someone that has nothing to lose they come to take it from you.

I know, I know. Everyone is a bad a** and these people aren't coming to your house and taking the thing thy you earned, but just remember, it's meet a good idea to start taking things away from those who don't have much. Try to consider that once these people don't have the availability to get food like they once could, they know that in jail you have three meals a day.

I grew up on welfare and in public housing and lived around the people for a large part of my life. I don't agree with the system in any way and it has become a generational problem that should be fixed. All of these people have the same freedoms you have but without the ability to undertake them, so when looking at loosing a freedom (going to jail) that they couldn't partake in anyway due to lack of money, transportation, or whatever the case may be, it's not really that big of a loss. It's like me telling everyone in here that you have te freedom to go to the moon and live there, it doesn't matter if I take that freedom from you because the ability for you to go isn't there.

These are the same people who on the street will shoot one another over shoes or respect and will stab one another in prison over a bag of roman noodles. Lol

I agree it sucks but like many before me have asked.... What do you do?
You call them poor broke souls I call them soul suckers. No one has a problem helping the needy for a short time to get back on their feet believe it or not a person can live on minimum wage. Yeah you may drive a piece of crap eat special ramen on holidays and ramen and chicken broth soup for the rest of the time but these turds have a nice house, eat twice as good, and drive brand new 50 thousand dollar cars while the workin man struggles to keep the clunker goin and feed the takers at the same time. Everyone has seen these people at Wal-Mart spent 300$ on steak with an ebt card then whip out a wad of hundreds to buy 2 cartons of smokes and a couple cases of beer. They shouldn't be aloud more than 6 months in a 2 year period or something like that, a safety net not a way of life.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I know, I know. Everyone is a bad a** and these people aren't coming to your house and taking the thing thy you earned, but just remember, it's meet a good idea to start taking things away from those who don't have much.
Are they a majority yet? If not I hope this blivey gets righted before they are or they'll see to it we that are working get taxed into poverty. Feels like reverse slavery to me.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
They shouldn't be aloud more than 6 months in a 2 year period or something like that, a safety net not a way of life.
A loud amen! to that. When my oldest son lost his job he went back to waiting tables at 2 restaurants to keep his head above water. Those that want to work will find a way. Those that don't want to work will just stick their hand out and keep it there.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
I don't know if I saw it in somebody's signature on here or on another forum but I liked it.
It said " Welfare was never meant to be a career opportunity."
I thought they put a time limit ( like 2 years) on welfare a while back?

·
Registered
749 Posts
i got layed of during the 08' resession. I had a wife and little girl on the way at the time....i got a job at holiday harbor on the weekends and started changing transmissions/repair mon-fri. Worked straight for almost 6months till i got called back to work. If it's in your blood and you were raised right....you'll make it happen and find a way to work.....:thumbsup:

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I saw a news article the other day on the SNAP program. I saw where a family of four was getting over $400 a month for their benefits. Let's just say that is about what I spend in groceries for our family of four. And we don't necessarily skimp on things. These people should be given enough to stay alive, period. Sorry, but it must be painful for these people to be on assistance. Otherwise, why get off the assistance. It has to be a life raft with no frills. But instead we give them an offshore boat instead of a life raft (in metaphore terms). Kick them off the boat and into a life raft and watch how quickly they try to work to earn something again. Assistance should be temporary and not keep a person's standard of living the same as before. This subject pisses me off to no end. Make them stand in line to get bread and milk again. Make it as public as you can. Quit hiding it by loading a credit card. It's not meant to be a permanent lifestyle.
These people will never work again. They will also get free subsidized health care at my and your expense. My health care just went up 85%.
My sick mother that barely makes ends meet each month, her healthcare bill just went from 272.00 a month to 609.00 a month. And she does not qualify for any government assistance because she owns property's.
We were lied to by our trusty government officials when they promised Heath care cost would go down. By fooling us into the bullshit name they like to title affordable health care. Shame on them.
And shame on us for letting it happen.
My hate for our government just grows more everyday. This is not the America i was raised to love and support.
Unless I wanted to jump on their band wagon and suck off the tit of liberty which is what they are trying to force us to do.

In Russian they called it communism. In America they call it Big Government.
This is Horrible for the nation we live in.
And for those on here that just love to criticize me for my opinions about our government......... I hope it breaks you and your bank account too like it will most of us working class americans. People love to criticize others and stand up for this government , but in the end, this country will fail in so many ways because of fools that were voted into office will keep running this once great nation into the ground for a complete destruction and financial collaspe .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts