Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do yall think. i've bought plenty of stuff off ebay, just nothing this expensive. if you know what you want and the store has a good rating would this be a good ideal. just wanted some input before i gave someone $750.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Man im not really sure. I have bought alot of things off ebay also but something that expensive that is an electronic. I dont know. Also you might want to check and make sure the product will be covered for warranty. I have heard that if you buy it off sites like ebay the warranty is no good.

Go to this website.. www.brokenlegdave.com

and find the unit you want if the price is good which he is the cheapest i have found on the net print out the unit with price and go to westmarine. THey will price match. Goodluck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good question, I look at the rating of the sellerif posted, you will most likely pay with pay pal, thru a credit card. I have had onlyone problem and contacted pay pal, they were useless. I finally went back to my credit card company, they posted a credit on my card. Time of the reporting to the credit card company is the key.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem solved. consumer marine electronics has it for $75 cheaper than ebay.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you Xshark. you just saved me another $20.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pinksnappercatcher (2/13/2010)Brokenlegdave wasnt cheaper?
i can't get to his site. don't know whats wrong. i found a Daves marine elec. that was about $25 higher. see if you can get to him and let me know what link to use. when i try the adrress it sends me to some kinda index thing. maybe i'm doing something wrong.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Almost everything on my dash came through Ebay. I have a compass that looks like it would go on a megayacht or a big crewboat that I got for 300. Retail is over 1100. I would not buy a bait bucket from anyone with less than 50 positive feedbacks or less than 98% positive. I did buy a northstar 951 with a bad differential beacon receiver... but I didnt test it until several weeks after I bought it. (My bad) My Furuno 292 sounder had a broken bezel that was not in the description... but I paid less than 20% of the cost of a new machine. I left negative feedback after the seller refused to take any corrective action. Another good thing to buy on ebay is props. I got a set of Michigan DynaJets in ni-bral for 700. They were new and would have cost 1700 each. I do love the bay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts