Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok for me to eat the white trout, specks, and reds that I catch in my canal? I live on the bay. I live right where the canal meets with the bay, so i get a lot of fish coming in and out at my house, but I have never eatin a fish that I have caught. Is the water too polluted? Or is it ok?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT EAT THOSE FISH !!! ---- Just ice them down real good and I will then come and take them to a top secret research facility run by P.O.R.A. ( Peanut Oil Researchers of America ). O.K. Seriously, eating a few fish is fine. Even if you are worried about the quality of the water in your canal, remember that fish are constantly moving in & out as is the water itself. If it were a pond type of situation with no water flow, it would be a much bigger problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know some people that live around there and have eatin the specks out of there and they seem to be fine and enjoyed them. In your canal there might not be much flow but there is some, espically you living by the mouth. I would have no problem eating them if it were me so I would say EAT THEM!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts