Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not want a yak without a rudder.

They make drifting more fun because you can control your angle of drift so you can cast easier. I can set my rudder to steer to the left slightly and paddle using my tiny one handed paddle with my right hand to steer a straight line whild casting along a bank.

·
Registered
804 Posts
How do you set the steering and tilt up?
For the steering I ran cables to my foot braces. I got lucky that they are easy to disengage so they slide back and forth easily. Just by putting a quick link on the foot brace I can lock the foot brace by putting slack in the steering cable. By keeping the steering cables tight the braces unlock and become foot pedals to steer with. For the tilt I ran a cord from the rudder through a fairlead up next to the cockpit. I finger trapped a loop in the cord where so I can lock the rudder in the up position. Hopefully the pics will explain it better than I can.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Much cooler than mine. I like it.

Can the motor tilt? If it can't, it would not work down here. I'd stay hung all of the time/
I haven't made the motor able to tilt yet, but I may change that in the future. The places I use it are deep enough that it's only a hassle when putting the yak in and taking it out of the water.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,how does the rudder to stay straight while you surf?
The rudder is straight thanks to its weight and that's it? It don't oscillate front and back?
It is awesome and I want copy this :)
Have you a picture of commands to move the rudder left and right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts