Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a few flatties along with an axe handle trout this morning before it got too rough. I hate an east wind but they bit decent in spite of it. Don't normally keep big trout but had a friend that wanted one. All caught on live bull minnows, LYs and pinfish on a carolina rig in 12-15' of water around hard structure. A couple of stuffing size fish mixed in.

0722201034.jpg

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Very nice. What body of water?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Caught a few flatties along with an axe handle trout this morning before it got too rough. I hate an east wind but they bit decent in spite of it. Don't normally keep big trout but had a friend that wanted one. All caught on live bull minnows, LYs and pinfish on a carolina rig in 12-15' of water around hard structure. A couple of stuffing size fish mixed in.

View attachment 1070502
Wow, you did great. I lay awake at night thinking about trips like that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've seen, you don't have to think too long, you just go out and whack 'em again. I've been out of town for several days, ready to put a bend in the rod again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
From what I've seen, you don't have to think too long, you just go out and whack 'em again. I've been out of town for several days, ready to put a bend in the rod again.
It's a combination of luck, persistence, and a tiny bit of skill for good measure that puts fish in the box.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With flounder (and most other species), it's knowing where they're living according to the seasons and conditions in the waters you fish. Unless you have a mentor that's willing to spill his guts, the only real way to figure that out is to put in thousands of hours on the water. I've fished enough to know that with guys like you that out-fish pretty much everybody, luck has very little to do with it.

Reactions: CaptainPJ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts