Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for specs at the mouth of east river on friday. No luck, not even a bite. So I went exploring. Went several miles up river. Found several holes in excess of 20' and holding fish. Also, at a number of bends in the river, I found all kinds of fish stacked up along the bottom. Threw everything I had at them with no luck. Anyone know what's down there and what kind of bait to try?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Going upriver was probably your mistake. I have not been there in a while but this time of year with all the fresh water in and coming out of East River I would have headed out into the bay and hit Dean Creek and the other unnamed creeks and tidal flows from the mouth of East River to just past the power lines on the north shore. If nothing there I would have moved to the south shore near Holly By The Sea and tried those creeks. Two things to remember 1. Trout like salinity 2. Mature trout eat more fish than shrimp so go out the day before and catch pinfish. They keep well. Hope this helps. As soon as I get my dad settled in his new surroundings I will be able to get out and give you a lot better report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts