Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the East River today to burn some fuel and try a new bait, and some old ones. Started out about 9 and ended at about 1. The wind was howling too much to use any Zoom trick worms, but I tried anyway. Caught one on the Trick Worm, in June Bug color. Caught two on the ZMan Chatter Bait in June Bug as well. Missed two others on the Chatter Bait because I didn't have a trailer hook on. They ate that thing up.I shot it to the bank and reeled off, pausing every few turn of thereel handle, and all of them were causght inopen water reeled from the bank. Looks like they were following it back to open water. Not a bad day but it was too windy...

Pops09, I got your PM but I can't respond to it because of the new Forum problems. If you went, you headed in the right direction that you mentioned, then work your way back.

NJD

·
Registered
24 Posts
njd,

We got out at 0600 and fished till 1100 - started at 87 bridge and went all the way up river. Wind made it difficult, but we boated 6 (no keepers, all around 11") and lost a bunch. Most caught on trick worm in watermellon red. Also, caught a 16" spec halfway up the river - that was surprising. Considering the wind and little water movement (high tide), I guess we did ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts