Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any truth to the rumor that the charter fleet in Destin is going to blockade the east pass in protest of the closed amberjack season? :nonono

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess its better than blaming their roten demise on President Obama..... Good for Destin. I can only imagine they got sick ofblowing smoke up each others [email protected]@ via a laptop, and took the quantum leap from theirsofa's and into action.I hope the tide works in there favor.

Rich

26 year vet.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eastern Tackle (10/22/2009)Professional fishermen are professional fishermen. No way will the charters ever stand in the way of comm's. A lot of time they are one in the same anyway, working one or the other, depending on the opportunity.

And for the record, I've done both.
I know fishing is not union, but have you seen picket lines at a union job?

Friends against friends. :banghead

Sometimes it gets real ugly. :shedevil

It's probably alla moot point, weather forecast is 3-5' and not getting much better for a couple of days.

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
deeptracks (10/23/2009)FWC would let that last about long enough for the blockade boat anchors to hit bottom.....
if you really wanted to move things though, an arrest is needed so an appeals process could begin. Plus gets more media spot light.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Wow that would be a sight to see! So where did this rumor start?

You know what's funny, I'm a hunter and part of the reason I started bow hunting for the first time this year is so I could hunt more and fish less since you had to have a waterproof spreedsheet posted on your center console just to keep track of which fish you could keep and which fish you couldn't anymore. The worse part about is they are changing the rules in the middle of the season, what crap. :banghead:hoppingmad:banghead:hoppingmad

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
From today's TheDestinLog.com ::

"Capt. Mike Eller of the Lady Em was for ?getting their attention right here, right now? with the blockade.

However, he said the peaceful assembly in a couple of weeks is ?probably a smarter choice.?
Robson put it to a vote, and the majority, by a show of hands agreed to an assembly in the channel on Saturday, Nov. 7.

?Let?s not lose this momentum,? Robson said. ?Spread the word to others in the community.

He explained that we have one section of government trying to stimulate the economy while the other side is ?putting us out of work.?

?We?re not asking for the world, just give us something.?

FALL IN!
The Destin Charter Boat Association is asking that all recreational fisherman join them at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 7, in a peaceful assembly aboard their boats from Crab Island to the channel."

Here's the whole thing: http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/amberjack-11640-protest-first.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
SOME OF YOU GUYS WOULD REALLY GET SUCKERED IN ON THIS? NO WONDER REC GUYS KEEP LOSING OUR RIGHTS. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVEN SUPPORT IS HAVING AIR TO BREATHE? BOUT TIME THEY SUFFER A LITTLE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts