Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Nuttin but Yak Fishin!!!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is it worth my time going east of the 311 Bridge into the "Bayou" areas where the river come into the bay? Looks like a very cool area on Google maps. have not fished it but typically fishing is always great in transition zones like this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is a good fishing spot. I have fished there many times as it is close to my house. Just around the edges when the tide is in on a sunny day you can sight fish for reds and is about 1-2ft deep. then where it drops off to about 4ft you can catch a few trout. I was out there one day and my buddy was fishing the area where one of the rivers dump into the the bay and caught a bass. I was about 20ft from him and pulled up a red a few min. later. Live shrimp or artificial shrimp work good as well as gold spoons. There are a few bait shops on 331 between the bridge and Freeport that sell live shrimp. If you head out there put in at one of the launches on the north side of the bridge just before the hump. You will see a white boat from a distance(an abandoned sailboat) I usually have luck there just along the shore. I have not fished it for about a month but from what I understand on warmer days reds are always there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts