Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The easiest wetsuit to don is a high quality one. Not all neoprene is the same. High quality neoprene has more stretch and it stretches in all directions.
Compare a Henderson to a Hyperflex and you'll see what I mean.

It also helps if the wetsuit is the proper size. :)

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
All wetsuits as long as they are the correct size are the same to get into. You want a hard to get into try a 1950s ALL neoprene wetsuit. You need a pound of talcum powder to get into it. zippers in the wrist area and ankles makes them easier to get on and off but will take a little warmth away and tend to have problems. Farmer john suits are the best. I tried one piece and will never own one again. 7mm farmer john is what i use. In summer I use just the top.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Bring a couple of Walmart bags, put your feet in the bag, and then run it through, If the bag survives (normally will last a couple of uses) move it to the other foot and repeat. Then repeat the process with your hands and they are all easy to put on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
All wetsuits as long as they are the correct size are the same to get into. You want a hard to get into try a 1950s ALL neoprene wetsuit. You need a pound of talcum powder to get into it. zippers in the wrist area and ankles makes them easier to get on and off but will take a little warmth away and tend to have problems. Farmer john suits are the best. I tried one piece and will never own one again. 7mm farmer john is what i use. In summer I use just the top.
Sealark, how do you protect your legs from jellyfish...pants? I assume the FJ top is w/ sleeves.

Bring a couple of Walmart bags, put your feet in the bag, and then run it through, If the bag survives (normally will last a couple of uses) move it to the other foot and repeat. Then repeat the process with your hands and they are all easy to put on.
good ole slippery sack, and dbl sackin' could help prevent early tears. lined suits work good too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts