Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lane & I have begun to make and sell the earrings that I have been making for her for years. These are flashy, dangly earrings made from components of fishing lures. (Everytime I would come home from the bait and tackle store with a bag of newly purchased lures she would say "fishing lures are designed to catch the fisherman and not necessarily the fish.") And knowing how she loved flashy, dangly earrings, I began to make her earrings from the fishing lures. She loved them, and her friends and co-workers oohed and aahed, so we decided to make them available. Below are some photos of the first prototypes which will soon be in local gift shops, (and maybe bait and tackle stores so that you guys can take the misses something pretty.

The price range on these unique earrings will be between $11 and $15. If you would be interested in purchasing any of these, PM and we will arrange to get them to you. PFF members will get a $3 per set discount.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Those are very cool! I just have to decide whichones I want, and in a pinch if I need to work something flashy I can just use my earings! I bought my daughter some earings with feathers, but I told her not to wear them during ling season or someone might need to use one!

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
:) I have a pair of these and I <U>LOVE</U> them...several people have asked where I got them and I told them a friend made them. You should have plenty of orders soon. I know I will be looking for some more!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Mitch they look great If you don't mind I'll send these Pic's to the Owner and see if he is Interested I think we could sell them, but if he Passes on them I know some other people that own small Business and they might be Interested, Let Me Know!! Btw Good to see you and Lane The other day Thanks for stopping By!!!! :letsdrink

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks for the replies andPMs I love my earrings, and hope others will too. So far we have about 25 designs with more in the works. Hey, if ya run out of bait, just use the earring!!!! Hopefully we can not only put in designer stores but bait/tackle as well.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Okay lane if we buy some or you and Mitch going to supply the Hook forchanging it over from Earings to aLure???????????:letsdrink:poke

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dwayne,I had not thought of the "optional" hook.

Great Idea! What do you think? Gomatsu or blood treble for additional$.59?:poke

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
I ran across a jewlery manufacturing operation in Panama City Beach a few years ago. It employed about 15 people, in a very relaxed atmosphere. They were making costume jewlery. The owners, and all employess appeared to be having a party. Music and food were abundant, however, they were working.

They supplied most of the shops along front beach road, and at that time, were working 12 hour days, getting ready for spring break. Each person got paid on production, not hourly. I was most impressed with the owner, and she was a very happy person.

I think you guys may have stumbled onto something here.

How big can you think?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Now if all else fails I can just drag the wife behind the boat and see what bites!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm thinking Valentine's gift!!!! :heart I'll PM ya soon.

You may need to put a warning label on the back of the package that states: "Removeearrings before swimming in fish infested waters - not responsible for missing or torn body parts"

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
You may need to put a warning label on the back of the package that states: "Removeearrings before swimming in fish infested waters - not responsible for missing or torn body parts"

GOOD ONE CHRIS!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a pair, too- Get lots of comments every time I wear 'em!! Can't wait to see some more of the new ones, I need to add another coupla pairs to my collection!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jamielu (1/27/2010)I have a pair, too- Get lots of comments every time I wear 'em!! Can't wait to see some more of the new ones, I need to add another coupla pairs to my collection!
Wanna be our distribution rep in Louisiana? :poke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts