Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First a disclaimer. This is an unverified tale from a source that isn't totally believable at all times. No, not me this time. This supposedly happened in my neighborhood in the past few nights. Maybe last night. I heard the tale this morning.

A guy and his wife were riding around in their (damn if I know what they call those aggravating vehicles) trying to kill a deer with a crossbow. To make a long story short, they took a shot at a deer. Th guy tried to shoot out the wife's side.

One of the limbs hit the gal in the head, knocking her stone cold. Somehow, the scope broke the guy's orbit,(bone around the eye socket) knocked out 3 front teeth and broke his right wrist. Pretty bad but it gets more FUBAR. The guy's foot comes off the brake, the vehicle runs over a guy's mailbox then flips over into the ditch into a foot or so of water. There must've been some serious pain.

How do you explain that to a Deputy?

My wife is not dumb enough to get into such a situation. I'd like to think that I'm not either although I have done some seriously stupid things in my 77 years. I'd imagine that the guy involved will have second thoughts about shooting a crossbow out of a moving vehicle. A little Mod 600 Remington .308 is loud but it would be safer.

I sure need to find out more. Sounds strange enough to be true to me. In my life, anything this screwed up is most often true.I hope it is somebody I know so I can really rag him about it. He ought to be easily recognizable for a while. I'd imagine he has a serious shiner and a classic grin.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Dumb ass 4 sure.....surprised he was able to cross streets without getting run over,probably should have....idiot and wife to for marrying such a fool...run from them....

·
Constitution Conservative
2,566 Posts
No story out of Florida makes me shake my in wonder any more, the stupid has been just too strong for too long.

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
I believe it!

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little corroboration.

Evidently, the tale has some truth to it. I am trying to get the dork's name. He deserves the fame.

In Rural King today, the guy at the gun counter had heard the tale. From all accounts, the dork looks pretty sad. Three front teeth missing and a fantastic black eye does that to a guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts