Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else experience a drastic slowdown in duck hunting since the real cold temps left? I went from seeing several hundred birds a day to seeing 2 shooters today and on the way back to the launch I ran up about 15. I scouted another spot that was holding about thirty but that was it for this morning.

1 Gadwall is all I was able to touch today, tomorrow will hopefully be better.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
I think they flew south to avoid the frozen tundra here. Hey at least you got out and even shot one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's always been that way around here. The Divers and other bay ducks are really dependant on the fronts. This year has been different because of the super low temps for extended time. They will be back. I like hunting the day before a front and the day of.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't get me wrong I'm still going to hunt everyday, but it has turned off like a light. Optimism speaking tomorrow is going to rock!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
shot at a few woodies right at daylight but it does seem like it slowed a little. My nephew decided to take a "shortcut" when walking back around the pond. Yeah, I ended up pulling him out of the mud and his waders were full of water. He was cold but fortunately we were on our way out and the truck wasn't far. I got a feeling he may follow me from now on instead deciding to take off on his own route (like I have told him every time!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've was seeing all kinds of ducks before the cold, many on retension pond, local honey hole and on the bays, but after not any on the retension ponds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts