Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to go duck hunting this season. I was told that you could duck hunt on the Gulf Island National Seashore -- is that the case? Are there any areas worth looking into?

I have canoe, but no retrieving dogs.

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
You can hunt over by Portofino, It pisses those condo off every year. Just like most duck hunting, you'll freeze your ass off with that wind coming across the bay

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You can legally duck hunt in the state of Florida on any body of water that has public access, and not posted no hunting. There’s no set backs from shore, private property, or homes. You just can’t shoot over, at, or towards occupied dwellings. You can kill ducks in ankle deep water with a million dollar house 15’ behind you on Pensacola beach.

·
Super Moderator
12,721 Posts
I duck hunt off my Inlaws dock in Tiger point with multi-million dollar houses on either side if me... but the neighborhoods suck so phuck em. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
You can legally duck hunt in the state of Florida on any body of water that has public access, and not posted no hunting. There’s no set backs from shore, private property, or homes. You just can’t shoot over, at, or towards occupied dwellings. You can kill ducks in ankle deep water with a million dollar house 15’ behind you on Pensacola beach.
Does this include state/federal parks if they don’t own an rights to the waterway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You’ll have to read their brochures. If their closed to hunting then you obviously can’t hunt. If it don’t say then your good to go. I’ve hunted the bay, sound, river, ponds for over 30 years. It still surprises me how easy the law is. You just have to read very carefully.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts