Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know duck season is winding down here very quickly.. and you constantly dream about duck hunting for the next 300 days.. so what do you do?? well Committed For Waterfowl has several events planned out to hopefully fill the void!! Just as an idea of some of the upcoming events that we are hosting/co-hosting: on Feb 27, we will be joining forces with MCWCA, USFW, and Delta Waterfowl to help restore/upkeep wood duck boxes in the Mobile Delta... CFW has agreed to take on a special role in this event, not only will we be helping in the restoration process, but we will be marking every gps coordinate to any box we come across.. the purpose for this is, that we will be making a electronic mapping system (which will have google earth overlays) so that biologist and the general public can view positions/and conditions of these boxes.. this data will be extremely helpful in the future so that we will have a better idea what supplies will be needed and also the map will show detailed information about the boxes such as nesting conditions, flyway patterns, ect.. Also the same weekend of the 27th and 28th, some of the CFW staff will be attending the LAHRC field trial across the bay to show support to our local hunters and businessmen.. I feel like both of these events will be a lot of fun and hope that we can get a lot of local envolvement!! CFW is also in the works of planning a youth seminar day to teach the younger generation (along with parents that want to get involved in waterfowling but just don't have the know how) the basics on duck hunting.. We are also planning a inshore fishing tournament, with the main species being redfish, speckled trout and flounder... And the best thing about CFW all proceeds and donations will be put back into restoring habitat in our local area.. So please give us a shot, and show your support... if we all stand up together we can acheive our goals!! Please check out our website www.cfwaterfowl.org

if you have any questions/concerns please contact me, Hunter Maples at [email protected] or any other of our staff on our site
Thanks, and enjoy!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be atthe LAHRC eventlook forward to meeting you guys.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya if you see us there come talk to us!! I don't think I will be there on Saturday because I will be at the wood duck box event, but James and Blake will be at the hrc event handing out fliers, decals, and other little things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts