Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night while drying a load of clothes my dryer died! Does anyone work on them or know anyone who can? and for a fair price. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
When you say "Died" I assume the drum is not turning. Usually means the belt broke. Easy fix and can get a new belt from Marcones appliance parts on Pace Blvd.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for the lack of info. It does nothing! none of the buttons work the light in the drum does not work. it is like it isn't getting power? I checked the breakers but they are fine.

·
Registered
461 Posts
sorry for the lack of info. It does nothing! none of the buttons work the light in the drum does not work. it is like it isn't getting power? I checked the breakers but they are fine.
Thermal fuse blown..usually white with two wires located between blower wheel and exhaust port. Check for continuity if none replace, clean vent system,
vent hose needs to be as short and straight as possible.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Definitely could be the thermal overload.

We bought a brand x (can't mention the manufacturer b/c of pending litigation) and it tripped.

I moved it from the laundry room to the garage to have room to work on it. Opened it up and the ENTIRE cabinet was full of lint. WE RELIGIOUSLY EMPTY OUR LINT TRAP BETWEEN EVERY LOAD (just to rule out the "empty your lint trap" trolls.)

Lint had totally jammed into every crack and crevice. I have never seen a dryer do this before.

The dryer was only about 2 years old and IMHO has a faulty design.

The manufacturer says that it was "normal buildup" but I wholeheartedly disagree.

I wish I could attach the pictures and video, but I'm holding until we have this resolved. (All I'm asking is for them to find a fix and send out a warning to the current owners of this dryer.)

Point being...while you're inside your dryer take the time to check it out good and clean the lint from everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts