Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to several factors I am considering dry storing my boat for the next year. I am looking in the Orange beach area. I plan on going over next week and looking at several places I was just looking for suggestions and advice about what to look for when selecting a marina. We will use the boat 2-3 weekends per month and have a place to keep in the water over the weekend. I am concerned about availability getting the boat launched ( Fraiday evening vs Saturday am) and when the boat needs to be back on Sunday. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Keith

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I kept my boat at Romar Harbor for several years and the guys were great to deal with. I guess Gene Treat (?) is still managing the marina.

Romar is a smaller facility and I never had any problem getting the boat launched, gased, cleaned etc.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Keith, Also check out sportsman's marina. Very nice facility, very close to the pass. In reference to your question about Sundays, as long as you are good with it most marina's will have a designated area for you to tie your boat up to and leave it over night if you get in after hours. They will pull it out of the water the next morning and wash the outside and put it on the rack for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
water hazard,

Thanks for the info. I dont know what to expect, but these suggestions and advice are very helpful.

Keith

·
Registered
76 Posts
Add another vote for Romar. They are MUCH smaller than Sportsman, but if you want a great group of guys you know by name taking care of your boat, you can't go wrong with Romar. We've had nothing but great experiences there. The charter guys there are great too. Bend over backwards to help you anytime you have a question.

Also, we've never had an issue getting the boat in or out of the water on time. Can't recommend those guys enough.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here's another possible option, not sure of your boat size.Orange Beach Marina has a few in water slips with lifts, might be able to secure on of those?

BA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts