Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Sure hope he has good insurance. Although they might not do anything about it. I don`t think they have a dumbass clause in the policy.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,967 Posts
And caused the ramp to be closed. If I was trying to recover a boat I wouldn't be pleased.

Maybe he hated the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sure hope he has good insurance. Although they might not do anything about it. I don`t think they have a dumbass clause in the policy.
Insurance 100% covers stupidity. No special clause. I’ve seen some crazy crazy things and never seen the insurance deny it. From standing on the roof of your car to cut a limb down on top of it, to parking your car over a burning pile of leaves in your yard.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stupidity Exclusion
This policy excludes coverage resulting from or contributed to by your acts of sheer stupidity. “Sheet stupidity” means stupidity that is universally recognized as really dumb by people of average or better intelligence.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Happens a lot more than you’d think. Remember the mass panic about floor mats jamming gas pedals or sticking accelerators a few years ago? Turns out it was just people in an unfamiliar car making honest mistakes and not having the time or clarity of mind to check if they are stepping on the gas or the brake pedal.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Replace "honest" with "stupid" and your statement would be accurate.
Yeah, liberal mindset is too soft... almost 50 now, been launching and trailering since I was 15, never 'confused' the brake and the gas. Besides, if car-topping a kayak, why pull right up to a ramp nose-first anyway? To hit the gas sufficient to propel the car into *12 feet* of water? 25 feet off the ramp?? Can't see any reason any normally-thinking person would do that. There is more to that story, but we'll never hear it. Glad everyone is ok. :whistling:

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,967 Posts
I haven't found 12' of water at that ramp till you get to the Intercostal. Hell of a ramp jump.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts