Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out around 1:30pm Thursday afternoon. Left 17th and trolled around 3 mile for a bit with no luck. Then decided to fish some the deep water around the channel. Had a few bites on fiddler crabs but no hook ups, then I switchd to live shrimp and started catching. I thought I would never say the word CATCHING, seems like I have not been having any luck of late and that is just not what I am use to, so I was happy!

First fish was a nice 11.5 inch mangrove snapper, thenIcaught a stud20 inch white trout. Then finally I got my fish!

26.3 inch red that I barely got to the boat. Since I was fishing for sheephead I had very small circle hooks on and by the time I got this guy in my hook was almost straight. Thank god for barbs in this case because that is all he had keeping him on. I couldnt let him run with all the pilings and misc structure around, so I had my drag pretty tight and relied on my braid and got him in!

I was glad I got out for a little bit and actually caught some fish. It had been to long of a drought!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Nice! mixed bag there...glad you broke the streak and good post...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Nice report glad you got out and caught some, I really need to getout myself :banghead thanks for the post!!!:clap

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fish the backside of the channel wall pcola side so 30 ish foot. I had a ounce weight and dropped straight down of the back of the boat. Stayed 3 ft off the bottom Andy used a long floricarbon leader. Use my ore to stay near the wall. Drifting off and back seemed to get the bites

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Great Report, Nice Red fish. I had onejust about open up a circle hook and I did not notice how close I came to loosing him untill I was re baiting the hook afterwards.........:clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts