Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,779 Posts
But, after you consider all the logic, just listen to Boat Dude

Oh come on dude, you only live once and you can't take it to the grave with you. The one thing where Joey and Lisa go to have fun and reset the brain is on that boat. You can not put a price on that.

If you were a CPA I could understand you saying that.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oh come on dude, you only live once and you can't take it to the grave with you. The one thing where Joey and Lisa go to have fun and reset the brain is on that boat. You can not put a price on that.

If you were a CPA I could understand you saying that.
I was agreeing with YOU!

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

If we could take all the different personalities off the PFF and cook them up in a big ole pot, That would be one F-upd pot of soup. Lol

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,974 Posts
So you buying a new boat. You’ve been approved for 100% financing. Nothing down. No penalty for early payoff and all that.

Is it crazy to put money on it anyway? Would you be better off just financing the full amount? Other than resale, I say do nothing down.

Thoughts?
Yer gonna get it anyway, why you asking the hive and stirring up the waters?
Enjoy the new money pit. ;) Going with the forward enclosed helm model?

BTW if you posted this question on THT, there would have been quite a few that would have suggested you use the equity in your house to cover the boat. Financial wizards, indeed.

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yer gonna get it anyway, why you asking the hive and stirring up the waters?
Enjoy the new money pit. ;) Going with the forward enclosed helm model?

BTW if you posted this question on THT, there would have been quite a few that would have suggested you use the equity in your house to cover the boat. Financial wizards, indeed.
I just like stirring up the flies so I can swat them.. 🤣 😂

Reactions: DMC and kanaka

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
I have never financed a boat, and only have bought 1 new boat. That said, if I were to buy the boat I want for retirement I would finance about 75% of the total. This would be a big dollar purchase and would hopefully qualify as a mortgage for tax benefits. But, if I wanted a boat and had the cash flow, I would not hesitate to finance 100% of the purchase at today's interest rates. They are at historic lows and can make the other expenses of boating more palatable.

172 Posts
I'm with JoeyWelch. The deal is this. Get the boat you want and the boat you are going to use. Financing depends on what you have and what you can afford. You just need to work the best deal that suits your needs. Its a depreciating asset anyway. Once you take it off the lot, its worth wholesale value less about 25%.if you want to trade it in. That's a big hit, but do you want to go fishing or not? Get the boat you want, for the payment you want, and fish hard! The best thing you can do is look for the best deal. That will save you more money than worrying about the interest rate or length of payments. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
But, if I wanted a boat and had the cash flow, I would not hesitate to finance 100% of the purchase at today's interest rates. They are at historic lows and can make the other expenses of boating more palatable.
Thats my thoughts. The one I have now was bought new 3 or 4 years ago with nothing down. That same boat is $6000 more today if bought new.
I still stand to make money when I sell it.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
If you can (None of my business) but, wait a year - 18 months. I suspect alot of boats will be very lightly used, and on the market once this virus gets under control. I read boat sales were up 60% in 2020 from 2019. Survey states boats were being bought because of easy social distancing ability. Once we return to more normal ops, these folks kids wont want to go on the boat, Parents will get tired of looking at it in the driveway and well, sell, sell, sell.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you can (None of my business) but, wait a year - 18 months. I suspect alot of boats will be very lightly used, and on the market once this virus gets under control. I read boat sales were up 60% in 2020 from 2019. Survey states boats were being bought because of easy social distancing ability. Once we return to more normal ops, these folks kids wont want to go on the boat, Parents will get tired of looking at it in the driveway and well, sell, sell, sell.
I've been thinking the same. In a year or two there will be a buyers market in boats. I'm thinking Viking.

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Its a custom built boat Just for catfishing. A Blazerbay catfishing boat.
Kinda like this one.

Reactions: Corpsman

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 70 Posts