Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Hopefully I can get the corn planted next week. Having this four row planter turned into two, two row planters. Four rows is to wide for some of my areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did that a few years back me and a friend went in and bought a IH planter and cut it down so we would both have manageable implements. They both work great a torch, welder, a little angle iron , some extra hitch pins in about a hour they were good to go.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I’m hoping it comes out good. I’ve never used a planter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man your in for a surprise you can plant the world with a planter in know time. Just make sure you have the right plates for what your planting. I even made a plate for okra. I don't hand plant anything any more.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Sorghum is up. Sunflower appears to be at least in the 4 to 6 leaf phase & Millet is now well established. If we continue to get rain and the deer, hogs & turkeys stay out, we'll do ok for a first season field.

View attachment 1091294 View attachment 1091295
Lookin good here is some unasked for advise. From the back ground looks like the terrain is adequate for for nesting. Deer feeders with chicken scratch early on will get birds there and they can have 2 sets of offspring every summer. They love fresh turned dirt where the feed is. Just saying you can pull everyone's birds and grow your own that will come back every year. Don't wait on your crop you have planted to seed out to bring the birds have them there and reproducing. A planted field is for shooting time to keep the birds when you remove the feeders for the law lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts