Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wasn't going to to go hunting Sat. afternoon cause it was so windy, but my uncle called and talked me into it. We got in the stands about 3:30, and wind was howling. I was hunting in a new lock on that my Dad and uncle had put up. It is on the edge of some planted pines overlooking a sage field, with of course a few golden nuggets! At about 5:35 something catches my eye and I see a deer. I thought I saw horns before it stopped behind a small pine. When it stepped out from behind the tree, I already had my cross hairs on it, it was an 8 point! Needless to say he took about 4 steps out from behind it, and I let my Browning .270 eat! Bang! FLOP!!! I texted my uncle "Down goes Frazier" to let him know what I had shot. I waited til almost dark and got down. I drug him almost to the truck when I hear BAM right before dark. I thought, dang my uncle just shot. He called me and said he just killed a big ol slick head! Nothin special about my buck, but it was the 1st one of the year for me. Don't usually shoot one like that, but don't know if I will be able to go back this year and wasn't about to skunked for the year! Never the less it was a pretty good day in Walnuthill!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,518 Posts
Joel, thanks fer save on the :takephoto:takephoto:takephoto I was thinking I'm the only pic po-po on her???:doh:letsdrink

That's a nice buck and way ta put meat in the freezer!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fer doin the pics. for me Murphyslaw, my MAC won't let me post them right way. Sorry Jason, I know how that bothers you, but if I could do it the way you say I sure as heck would, cause it bother s me to!:banghead And thanks Scully fer bringing up how bad of a shot I've been this year, I still can't get image of my arrow flying under that monster 10 point in Illinois! :banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dehook (2/8/2010)congrads to both of you, Tell fish to post some of his pic. from Alabama on her!

Will do. He needs to post them on here, cause they were a couple of good ones!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mcole (2/8/2010)Con-grats Brad.....ant nothing like giving one...the old dirt nap.

Thanks Michael, but I don't think I will be bringing that little guy in to you! But he did eat good as I made some of my famous Backstrap Bombers on the grill for the Super Bowl!!!:hungry

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Congrats to both of you, very nicely done. I love those chololate racks. No matter the size or who kills it (unless it gets mounted), it goes in the barn on the wall. Kind of a cool tradition, make sure you save them all. Now about them Bombers. More info please:hungry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts