Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you wait until you get back in to clean your fish, please put the head and carcasses in the trash. When you throw them in the bayou they float around then end up in my FRONT YARD.

How would you like to wake up hearing your dog vomit because he ate your dead fish scraps?

I don't throw fish carcasses in your front yard. Bayou Chico is my front yard.

We don't like cleaning up after thoughtless, inconsiderate people.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">If I?m not mistaken it?s also illegal.</p>

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Tom it was not us!! We put ours in the dumpster at Island Cove Marina, that way you throw up in the parking lot if the wind is right! There is nothing like pulling up to a "clean marina" getting out of you truck and almost throwing up! Oh well, its a "clean marina". We wanted the owner to get a fish grinder to dispose of them. Too expensive i guess.

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
I looked at this last year, when the marinas start stinkin really bad and I did some research to no avail.

Santa Rosa Marina has a grinder, but the ground product went into the sewer system. So I thought about it and looked for a product on line, it does not exist.

I was looking for agrinder to be placed at every marina, like a vending machine. It would becoin/dollar billoperated. The fishermen, when finished cleaning the fish, places all the by-waste in the grinder.

The grinder, grinds it of course, and then dispenses into a bag, like a bag of ice does. The fishermen takes the ground up by-products home and freezes it.

On the next trip, they have their chum!!

Fishermen purchase chum at the bait stores, why not just grind your own, from what you place in the dumpster.

I could not find that equipment on-line to purchase, and possibly operate a small business of grinder vending, instead of drink and chip vending.

Where is Choppedliver, here is something for him to invent !!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
If you punture the EYE balls and swim bladder they will not float up later and the crabs,pinfish,etc. will consume them. We have a sign on our community dock to instruct people to do this ! It has worked for years !
not problem as long as the eye's are poke with a fillet knike!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same thing at Shoreline Park. This past week there was an over the slot redfish, under the slot trout, 3 cobia carcasses, 6 sheepshead carcass, 1 sailcat and some other odds and ends washed up on the beach. Not only stinks but children play and swim there. Painful and nasty infection if you step on a spine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts