Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my Brother-in-law are planning a dolphin trip out from Pensacola for the first time in September.(private boat) Without giving away top secret stuff, would anyone be willing to share some must do's and the best advice for finding these awesome fish? Thx,
Bobby

·
Bearded Brotula
11,719 Posts
Find something floating. Always keep one in the water and on the hook. Woody Wax deck beforehand or scrub soon after landing each fish.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Find something floating. Always keep one in the water and on the hook. Woody Wax deck beforehand or scrub soon after landing each fish.
This is absolutely true. It will look like a chain saw massacre if you get into them, so catch em up and them wash down the mess, if you wait until you get back in you will have to scrub your tailend off to get the mess up. Just before you go on your trip, get on here and ask questions about where the weed lines are. Distance and directions. Those who are running long trips to the rigs and the spur and so on will have current info that will help you immensely. You find floating debris and you will most likely find some dolphin. Blue water and rips are also a good place to find them. Watch for bird activity also. Find diving , feeding birds and there is a decent possibility you will find them as well.

Reactions: Scubadude

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
+2 on the mess...one dolphin slung blood from the bow to the stern on my flats boat...plus all over me. I looked like the guy from Gangs of New York when he was done.

Reactions: Scubadude

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all. Really good info. If we happen to run across and land a few, I will def. post some pics. Really looking forward to this trip !!!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
BIL here,,, I'm not too worried about scrubbing... I have a BIL planning this adventure heheheh
is there a better thread for latest information?

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
^^^^^^^
What he said^^^
After landing a mahi, immediately put in cooler before dehooking or else your boat will look like a murder scene.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, we have a Hurricane in the Gulf. Anyone have an opinion or past experience with such a storm pushing Blue water closer in shore???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts