Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you only shoot a doe with a bow during bow season ,or can you also shoot doe's with a bow during gun season ?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
you can bow hunt all season if you choose and take whatever is legal to shoot with your gun during the season. So, if you could shoot a doe with your gun, you can shoot it with your bow.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In Florida doe with a bow only during bow season. You could shoot a doe with a bow during doe days during gun season.

·
Banned
369 Posts
I just read the regs, and Chris is correct.

1. You may hunt all season long with your bow.
2. During "Bow Season", you may take deer of either sex...(Daily Limit 2, Possession 4)
3. During "Crossbow Season", you may take deer having one or more antler at least five inches in length visible above the hairline.
4. During "Muzzle Loader Season", you may take deer having one or more antler at least five inches in length visible above the hairline. (Daily Limit 2, Possession 4)
5. During "Gun Season", you may take deer having one or more antler at least five inches in length visible above the hairline.
6. During "Antlerless Deer Season", you may take deer of either sex...(Daily Limit 1 Antler, 1 Antlerless, or 2 Antler...Possesion not listed)

So, to answer you question (Based on Florida regulations)....

Can you hunt all season with a bow?
Yes

Can you shoot does all season?
No - Not during muzzloading, gun, and crossbowseasons when you are only allowed antlered deer.

If anyone sees anything that I missed, please pipe in.

I myself am a bow hunter because growing up in NJ you only had 6 days to hunt with a gun, bow season was almost 3 months, and in NJ gun season was allowed only with a shotgun or muzzleloader.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks gentlemen, that about sums it up. thats what i understood also, but sure was hoping that i was mistaken :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts