Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
spear em (10/8/2009)
Turbow (10/7/2009)They are one of favorite meats. Stuff them with cream cheese, jalepenos, wrap in bacon, glaze with a spicy honey sauce, season and grill.
wrap in bacon, stuff with cream cheese, peppers,glaze with honey, season and grill. well what did bird taste like ? i can make a brick taste good with all that. ha ha ha just jabbin

Probably tasted like chicken stuffed with cream cheese, peppers, and honey wrapped with bacon....heheheh

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
clay...I'm gonna go try and kill a few this afternoon. Depending on how many we kill I might have a few to drop off over in GB tomorrow on my way to the beach. Let me know if you want any to try and i'll see what i can do

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Pellet rifle is what I was plannin. Got a Benjermin .22 cal bolt action pump with a scope on it that is about as old as me (inherited from my grandfather) and deadly accurate and has taken out many a nuisance bird in my backyard eating up all my dogfood. A few squirrels have suffered a fate from it. And yes I know... squirrels are good to eat. They got ate. Not these little grey ones you got down here, but the big fat red ones we got up in MI.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
A few tidbits....dove are migratory birds and are managed by the feds not the state. limits 15. can't hunt over feed, can only hunt them from noon til dusk right now, you need a hunting license and a migratory bird permit, and a few other things here and there. make sure you read the regs

Only reason I said any of that is because a few years ago my neighbor called the cops and FWC on me for shooting dove in my backyard with my pellet rifle, luckily I was all legal, the old lady was just pissed because i was shooting her "pets". So make sure you're legal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dove from Hell

Take the cleaned dove ( can be skinned or Plucked ) wash well inside and out. put several bamboo skewers in warm water to soak. season the birds inside and out with Kosher salt and Fresh Ground White peper. place 1/2 fresh Jalapeno in the chest cavity of each bird ( if you like it hot leave the seeds and viens in the peper if not cut them out ) next wrap each bird with a peice of good thicck cut bacon and pin them closed with the soaked skewers. cook on a med hot grill untill almost done and finish in a 350 degree oven untill bacon is crisp. let rest for 5 mins and consume. Be careful your tongue will beat your eyes black they are so good. I mean so good you would slap your mamas hand for the last one

Good Eating

·
Registered
749 Posts
Greasy, Slimly...well heck yea....what do expect it is SOAP....:banghead

Seriously, yes they are good eating. BBob

21 - 32 of 32 Posts