Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Hell yes! They are like boneless skinless chicken breast. VEry white meat, same exact consistency, and dry, like skinless breast.

Best to marinate thin steaks, and wrap in bacon and grill, or smoke and they make a badass smoked shark dip, orcut in chicken nugget sizes, and bread and deep fry, and serve with the same dips you would chicken nuggets. Kids go ballistic over em.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We finally got a small shark sat from the pier. My buddy, who has fished all of 2 or 3 times and all with me, was the one that caught it. Can't tell if it's a bull or what. Was only about a foot long.

On a side note, I stepped away to the car for a minute and told my buddy to watch my pole for any bites. As I was walking back I saw it bend over and fly over the side before he could get to it. Luckily it got tangled up in the other lines and we were able to save the rig but nothing on the end of my line.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that is nearly identical to the one I got last week(post and pic deleted in the switch). I think its called a Sharpnose, no limit on size as far as I can tell. We will get the big one soon hah. It killed me last friday, saw a big severed tail fin just left on the pier from someone butchering a good sized shark. It was bigger than the "shark" I caught haha. This week is the week...

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
Hell yes! They are like boneless skinless chicken breast. VEry white meat, same exact consistency, and dry, like skinless breast.

Best to marinate thin steaks, and wrap in bacon and grill, or smoke and they make a badass smoked shark dip, orcut in chicken nugget sizes, and bread and deep fry, and serve with the same dips you would chicken nuggets. Kids go ballistic over em.
Yep...they do taste like chicken and are good fried like Clay says...and I have seen kids go crazy over them...dips are good...Thai Peanut dipping sauce is great.

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
The secret Thai spicy peanut sauce dip!!!
It's not a secret anymore Clay...you told me and Jamielu what it was...and I have to admit it was the bomb on the shark McNuggets. I found a good brand from Target, it's Archer Farms Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce. :chef: :clapping:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts