Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else quail hunts on this board? It seems that almost everyone deer hunts and shoots a hog if they have a chance but I don't see anything about any other type of hunting. Am I alone?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Love to do it; just haven't had the oppotunity. Trained and ran bird dogs in Missouri for a lot of years. Sure would love to go after some of them little feathery critters. And, ymmmm good.:hungry

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really love the sport. I've trained, hunted and trialed setters and pointers for many years. I missed the American Field so I recently subscribed to it to catch up. I would like to buy a nice, classy pointer or setter and hunt again. I really enjoy horseback shooting dog trials but you really have to have a set up to participate in those trials. It's a great sport.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Grew up doing it, more of the dog and managament seeing as I hadn't earned the right to shoot over a dog until I trained my own, which got sold under me (another story), but am getting back into now that my uncle is gettin older and needs some help running and maintaining the land I grew up on and am loving gettin in on his years of knowledge on training dogs and managing the land.

It's a crime that I quit doing it to focus on baseball, especially with the world class knowlege available to me from the "Teare" side of my family....but hey god gives you lemons gotta squeeze the shit outta em!!:letsdrink.

We need to get a lil club goin maybe some "minority" funding:angel hahaha

CurtyV

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just got the new issue of Florida Fish and Game today in the mail and they have a great article about hunting quail in the WMA's with great emphasis on Blackwater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts