Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early Teal season just ended and I didn't see a single post about duck hunting here. Curious if there are any duck hunters on the forum!

I think I went 6-8 times this past week. Not much luck until I tore them up this weekend on Tee and Wicker lakes which are really just a marsh extension of the north bank of Perdido bay. This is the first duck season since I've been stationed here and I am excited for big duck season.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
You dont wanna end up giving up your hunting spots. But it's been just about to hot to shoot a duck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Constitution Conservative
2,678 Posts
Too damned hot to be out hunting.
No GA bow, no doves and no ducks.
Hell, I haven't even been fishing.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I went fishing off BW Bay last Tuesday and someone was shooting real close to the mouth of YR. Was wondering if they were duck hunting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell its public land im not scared to give up my spots. I dont like that kind of thinking. if you beat me out there I hope you enjoy the spot; ill go somewhere else. If someone rolls up on the spot after me, I will usually invite them to hunt it with me.

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Went several times and shot a few... enough people doing it now. The internet ruins everything. Not many folks are gonna post about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I grew up in Northeast Arkansas. I go home three or four times a year and duck hunt. Back in the day we hunted public land but it has gotten too crowded with all the wanna be duck hunters from out of state. We have a farm with about 120 acres of flooded timber and 3000 acres of rice and corn. We don't even harvest the corn, it's left in the field for the ducks deer and turkeys. The woods are planted in German millet. Four years ago we planted 12,000 oak trees on two of the rice fields. Willow oaks and a couple of other varieties. Farm is on the Cache River on the border between Lawrence and Greene county. We do pretty well in the duck season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jarhead Aggie

I grew up in Northeast Arkansas. I go home three or four times a year and duck hunt. Back in the day we hunted public land but it has gotten too crowded with all the wanna be duck hunters from out of state. We have a farm with about 120 acres of flooded timber and 3000 acres of rice and corn. We don't even harvest the corn, it's left in the field for the ducks deer and turkeys. The woods are planted in German millet. Four years ago we planted 12,000 oak trees on two of the rice fields. Willow oaks and a couple of other varieties. Farm is on the Cache River on the border between Lawrence and Greene county. We do pretty well in the duck season.

That sounds like a paradise. Have always wanted to hunt Arkansas. Most of my hunting has been southeast Texas on the coast and inland lakes.

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
WTF is: I think I went 6-8 times this past week. WTF? How many days you got in a week? You'll make the hunting forum just fine. You'll fit in the fishing section too, even if you don't fish!

·
Bearded Brotula
14,971 Posts
The key is to get in real tight to the houses. People down here love the sound of freedom.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I can limit out everyday out the back window....54 in this snap. Record is 62. Also have a few redheads, mergansers and Florida tree ducks from time to time.

We watched a momma raise 10 ducklings...watched them learn to fly by jumping off neighbors dock. Another set of 6 ducklings raised themselves...not sure how they escaped predators, but watched them grow all summer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts