Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a savage .22 this week for squirrel season, but it seems like a better chance to find Jimmy Hoffa than any ammo.........

anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Went to academy and dicks last night, but nothing. two other guys said that nobody in town has any.
I think he was talking about mom and pop gun shops.

I scored 3 boxes of Remington 22s last week. You just have to know when they come in. I am lucky that one of the WMs here on Panama City beach still puts out everything they have at 8:00 am. I wrote a program that does pretty good at predicting what will be going out. The night before it said that they had gotten Remington 22s in. I was at the counter at 7:45 and the department manager saw me and confirmed that they had received the Remington 22s. At 8:00 he came out with 5 boxes so I got my 3.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I may have to stand corrected, I got some 3 weeks ago at wally world in Pace.
But I just checked on line & what I see is “Out of Stock” or “Store information not available” at every WW in the area..
WTF?

I normally buy mine in bulk from Cheaper than Dirt.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cabela's usually has it in stock as well as Sportsman's Guide. Also you can check gunbot.com and it tells you where it is available online and the going price.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt's prices are ridiculous. They have been gouging since the panic started. I wouldn't buy a thing from them.
If you check Walmart regularly you can usually luck up on some. Cabela's gets in the 100 round packs pretty regularly but at one per customer shipping can kill the deal. Get a Cabela's VISA and get $5 or even free shipping.
Sometimes they will get in bulk packs but they go fast. I got lucky on 2100 rounds of Federal a few weeks ago. You've just got to be persistent.
There is plenty of ammo on-line at stupid prices but I refuse to pay that.
Established companies like Cabela's, Brownell's, Midway and Sportsman's Guide still have reasonable prices when they get it in.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Gander Mountain in Spring, TX. I was able to pick up 3,000 rounds. Only limited by the number of trips I was willing to make in and out of the store (10 box maximum). Everytime I go in there, they have everything - 22LR, 9mm, 380, etc. Prices are reasonable - $8/100 round box of 22LR, $14/50 round 9mm.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt's prices are ridiculous. They have been gouging since the panic started. I wouldn't buy a thing from them.
If you check Walmart regularly you can usually luck up on some. Cabela's gets in the 100 round packs pretty regularly but at one per customer shipping can kill the deal. Get a Cabela's VISA and get $5 or even free shipping.
Sometimes they will get in bulk packs but they go fast. I got lucky on 2100 rounds of Federal a few weeks ago. You've just got to be persistent.
There is plenty of ammo on-line at stupid prices but I refuse to pay that.
Established companies like Cabela's, Brownell's, Midway and Sportsman's Guide still have reasonable prices when they get it in.
Good Luck.
$.80 / round, if I did the math right for Stinger. More than 10X what I paid at Wally World last week. Screw that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts