Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this. I shot this doe with my bow back the week before thanksgiving and when I shot her she jumped backwards landed on her back and went 5 yards and dropped. I thought she was done! I waited a few minutes and started getting my stuff together and when I started making some noise she got up and started wobbling off so I gave her another hour or so and started looking for her. I had a decent blood trail for 100-150 yards and it just quit so i looked for a while longer and found no more blood. Went back the next morning and did circles all around the last blood and walked down a bunch of trails and found no more blood. So I through my camera up and just came back to check it last weekend and she is coming in to my feeder still! The shot is a little high and obviously not fatal. Sitting in the same stand today seeing if she will come back out.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
yep...the "dead zone"...above the lungs and below the spine!

I did that to a nice bull elk in 2011

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
That is awesome! I would be on the fence whether or not to let her live though. Afterall, she did take an arrow through and through. But then, she comes back to eat your plot, as if to taunt you. Lol. Good luck to you! O*D*W

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Yeah....the 1st doe my little un shot was almost the same way!!! he shot her perfect but the arrow only went right under the skin and pulled out! Saw her later in the year and she had a jagged scar at the kill zone....never saw her during doe days though!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts