Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was the end of the doe week:boo but me and Logan went out with a BANG!:letsdrink

We started at my house and Logan took the 1st nannie came out on my plot...She was not big, but I gave him the option to take it or wait fer a bigger un...He was hungry fer another kill so he decided to take this un and flattened her in her tracks at about 50 yards:letsdrink This was at 1630 so I loaded him up to go to the "honey hole"and see if there was anything in the pastures. There were none in the pastures so I sent Logan back to the truck to wait so I could try to kill another un. I was in the stand fer about 25 minutes when I saw 2 moving through the waist high sage grass. It was getting dark and I decided to go ahead with 1 of them...I tried a head shot at about 100 yards but the head was in the grass and I could'nt see it clearly soI missed:banghead I jacked another un in the chamber and it ran about 25 yards...I tried another head shot and it was laid in it's tracks:letsdrink Most fun was letting Logan help clean them:clap

Every deer we have killed this year was dropped in their tracks!!!:letsdrink

Full cooler, ready fer the processor!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

12/20/07

12/17/07

12/16/07

12/15/07

·
Registered
393 Posts
My Dad and I both shot one tonight they weighed 90lbs each. We had four killed tonight all good mature does. They really moved right before dark. I sw one cool sight. It was a pair of ring tailed cats. They are very rare but they really are neat. They look like an Otter in the face but have a ringed tail like a coon. Pretty neat to see. Congrat on the kills and especially to Logan.

·
Super Moderator
27,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean, that's a purty cool looking critter...That would be worth a hunt right there, I get excited to see foxes and such...Before Logan's kill we saw a chipmunk playing around, I have a nest of them under my stand.

Corrina, I've got 7 deer(size wise probably 5.5 deer) in the cooler waiting to go to the processor, outta about 300-350 lbs of raw meat, I'll probably have 60 lbs turned into jerky meat. I'll have to hook up with ya sometime but once you've had my jerky....you'll be ruined. You'll be jonesin' when you can't get a fix:letsdrink

Joel, you'll have to bring that youngin' up and we'll go fishing and slam some meat on the grill!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Best season yet w/ 9 down...shooting fer double digits which should get acomplished...:shedevil...I feel like James Fink did last year w/ all his killing!:bowdown I'm taking this weekend offI think...:nonono:letsdrink

·
Registered
393 Posts
I hunt in a club up in Chimuckla. There was a guy in the club that saw them a few nights before I did. He hunts across the road from me. They were neat to see. I have never seen them before now. I really didn't beleive the guy until I saw them with my own eyes. They must be a mating pair. They don't stay around long. Slippery little suckers.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Good season so far Jason, Congrats to Logan and yourself. With another month and a week left, hope to see some horns before season is out. Good luck:clap

4,058 Posts
good lord jason you have waylayed em'

i never heard from you today so i assumed something came up...which is fine cuz the cold front shut off the bass bite today bigtime

1 - 14 of 14 Posts