Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't sleep last night so I got up around 11:30 last night and went to the shop to get a few live shrimp (one of the advantages of working at a tackle store, live bait whenever you want :thumbup: ) I made it back to my dock around midnight, and just like I thought, the big speckled trout were cruising the lights with the falling tide... For this I fish a light tackle setup (7'6" rod, 3000 size shimano reel, 10lb sufix braid, 20lb seagaur fluorocarbon, and an Eagle Claw 084-A #1 J-hook) I'll wait until I see a fish, and then pitch a tail-hooked shrimp 3-4 feet in front of it. It ended up being a decent night, catching right around 10 trout in the 3-4lb range, and a little bonus of this big girl
Fish Fish Spoon lure Salmon Bony-fish
She went 25 1/2" and 5 3/4lbs on a boga grip. I saw probably a dozen in the 5-6lb range, only catching this one, and also saw one that was pushing 8lbs.

Dock Light fishing is heating up!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On another note, after fishing until 2am, I woke up this morning and realized someone stole 3 14' mullet nets, a 12' 1/4" bait net, and 2 beach cruisers out of my carport sometime between me going to sleep around 2:30am and this morning.... :censored:

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
technically I guess it's pensacola bay, lol. it's west of the beach bridge on pensacola beach.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Da....n thiefs, one night ima gonna put sum fishing poles an kayak and 4wheeler out in my drive and maybe maybe a pink Barbie thingy for the girlie men...and ease into the dark, bundle up in my sleeping bag with me Louisville slugger and wait...huh is that construed as baiting, oh the legality..no no! Theives theif because they think... I'll...never get caught. hah you will.. and it gonna leave a mark lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wirelessly posted

Brad King said:
You are my hero John Booker!
Funny, Dawna was saying the same thing the other night.... you're out of milk by the way. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.