Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. With all due respect to the live game animal I like to shoot a Deer, and enjoy it.

I don't shoot everything I see and actually seen more Deer this year than any other year I have hunted, but killed less than I have in years past. But the second that I realize I am gonna get a shot is a great pleasure to me. The level of excitement is not measurable to me. It doesn't matter whether it's Gun, Bow, Muzzleloader, Speer, Knife or Stick, I love it. I waste no game, I respect all game, and I enjoy persuit as well as preparing and eating wild game, but nothing compares to the moment you realize you are gonna take wild game, to me.

Do You Like to Shoot Deer?

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Shoot deer, shoot at deer, watch kids shoot deer, watch kids shoot at deer!!! I love it all!!! I love just watching them critters too!:letsdrink

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love to shoot em but italso has alot to do where im hunting or with what weapon, other peoples property strictly there rules but in public land with a bow i am lettin them fly at anything that doesnt have spots because i havent killed enough to become selective if that makes sense, but a rifle on public land i cant bring myself to shoot a spike, now on a dog hunt if its got horns, onehorn 5inchs of course!the buckshot is flyin makin the pump sound like a semi..... im kinda ate up withit u could say

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have to agree with Garbo andJason as well as everyone else....there is nothing better than being in the woods! To sit there and watch the nannies and youngins playin around, to allthe other different types of wildlife as well...just waiting for 'the one' that I am going to put in the cross hairs and let the lead fly, it is such a rush! Doesn't matter if it is a big nanny or a buck - I respect them for what they are, and for the good lord giving me the opportunity to take the game he has provided. Some my scoff at me - but, even though I am not the most religious of men, I ALWAYS say a quick prayer of 'thanks' after harvesting an animal - thanking for having the opportunity to do so, as well as thanking for the clean kill - hate to see an animal suffer, especially by my gun!:usaflag

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7mmbrowningman (2/14/2010)I have to agree with Garbo andJason as well as everyone else....there is nothing better than being in the woods! To sit there and watch the nannies and youngins playin around, to allthe other different types of wildlife as well...just waiting for 'the one' that I am going to put in the cross hairs and let the lead fly, it is such a rush! Doesn't matter if it is a big nanny or a buck - I respect them for what they are, and for the good lord giving me the opportunity to take the game he has provided. Some my scoff at me - but, even though I am not the most religious of men, I ALWAYS say a quick prayer of 'thanks' after harvesting an animal - thanking for having the opportunity to do so, as well as thanking for the clean kill - hate to see an animal suffer, especially by my gun!:usaflag
Great Post.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bang Stick (2/14/2010)I like to shoot deer, but I love to shoot ducks.

amen. a good duck or dove hunt can't be beat. i think there is something primal in us about killing our own food then cleaning and eating it. whether it's fish, deer, or any other game.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I HUNT EGLIN SO I LIKE TO THINK I WOULD LIKE TO SHOOT DEER. Just kidding I have killed a few and like it alot. And as long as I caneat it I dont mind killing it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes i like to shoot deer, i love the sport about it. One man against animals on a level playing feild, we have guns they have all the instinc and knowledge of the woods,being out there amungst them and watching them in their natural habitat is awesome to say the least.an up close and personal experience with the wilderness,the way GOD intended.

·
Registered
124 Posts
7mmbrowningman (2/14/2010) else....there is nothing better than being in the woods! To sit there and watch the nannies and youngins playin around, to allthe other different types of wildlife as well...just waiting for 'the one' that I am going to put in the cross hairs and let the lead fly, it is such a rush! Doesn't matter if it is a big nanny or a buck - I respect them for what they are, and for the good lord giving me the opportunity to take the game he has provided. Some my scoff at me - but, even though I am not the most religious of men, I ALWAYS say a quick prayer of 'thanks' after harvesting an animal - thanking for having the opportunity to do so, as well as thanking for the clean kill - hate to see an animal suffer, especially by my gun!:usaflag
Nailed it!!!! Doesnt matter how many i take a year each one still fills as if it was my FIRST!!! BIggen or lil one!!! When u loose that feeling you are in it for the wrong reason!!

JUST MY 2cents

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love all there is about hunting and I love shooting. I love to process the deer I take and love eating them but I always feel a little sad when I walk up on the deer I've shot. I guess its the taking the life of something I think is so beautiful that gets me. I must say its nothing like the haunting in me from the ones I've hit and never found. Those eat me up to no end.

·
Registered
771 Posts
7mmbrowningman (2/14/2010)I have to agree with Garbo andJason as well as everyone else....there is nothing better than being in the woods! To sit there and watch the nannies and youngins playin around, to allthe other different types of wildlife as well...just waiting for 'the one' that I am going to put in the cross hairs and let the lead fly, it is such a rush! Doesn't matter if it is a big nanny or a buck - I respect them for what they are, and for the good lord giving me the opportunity to take the game he has provided. Some my scoff at me - but, even though I am not the most religious of men, I ALWAYS say a quick prayer of 'thanks' after harvesting an animal - thanking for having the opportunity to do so, as well as thanking for the clean kill - hate to see an animal suffer, especially by my gun!:usaflag
Well said Chuck! I am the same way. I don't care what it is. I alway's take a moment upon recovering an animal and bow my head to give thank's for that animal, and pray that it didn't suffer. We are blessed to be able to do what we do.

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
After my beginner's luck that I had 3 weeks ago, I LOOOOOOOVE to shoot deer. I consider myself an adrenaline junkie of sorts. And the adrenaline rush that I got when that deer showed up in my shooting lane was something completely new and great. Everything that I do (Fishing, Spearfishing, Hunting) all give me a different type of rush that I love.

After shooting my first deer, I can now honestly say that I like to shoot deer. It's a new obsession. I already can not wait for next season. It will be my first time to scout out the woods before the season. I look forward to it.

I like fishing, spearfishing, hunting also because it gives me that feeling of providing for my family. In today's world of supermarkets etc... we no longer need to go out and provide for our family like we as humans had to do in the past. But the feeling or need to do so I think is still there in most guys. And to go out, fish, hunt, spearfish, and bring home something to eat just feels manly I guess. Plus I just love the taste of deer meat. If I could completely replace beef with enough deer, I would.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I love shooting deer and just being in the woods observing all the critters go about their day not even realizing I'm 20' above them watching them!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I love to shoot deer with the Bow and arrow...............but I am not sure that it even comes close to dusting the head of a big ol gobbler!

I too am an addict!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts