Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason and I just got off the phone and was talking about how many people will kill a doe. If you had doe tag in Florida and was legal or hunt in Alabama do you kill does.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think I have already killed a dozen this year and still have about 6 doe tag's to go. I believe it is a vital part of deer management. The fact that I hate those skittish bitches is just a bonus!! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imkilroy (2/13/2010)I think I have already killed a dozen this year and still have about 6 doe tag's to go. I believe it is a vital part of deer management. The fact that I hate those skittish bitches is just a bonus!! LOL!
Let me know if you need help.:letsdrink

Thats funny cause I always say that one less to blow at you. Ill shoot a doe just because she blows at you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Definitely, I would much rather shoot a doe than a lacking buck, just my opinion. Between the kids and I we usually shoot a few a year, this year I was at a new camp and actually seen more bucks than does so we were a little more selective. That last couple of places I have been a member at, the buck to doe ratio has been pretty much in check, so there wasn't a real "need" to shoot a bunch of them. I've always liked the "try to kill your does during archery" attitude as well. Again, my opinion.

·
Registered
823 Posts
With a giant grin on my face! If they stomp or blow at me they are asking for it....

They eat just as well as buck deer!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
People want to talk about Killing the BIG BUCK in the woods, and how old and the strategy he used to kill it....

IF YOU SHOOT A 4-5 Yr old Doe you have completed the grand Slam! Smartest animal in the woods BAR NONE!

AMEN!

·
Registered
394 Posts
we generally are advised to kill between 18-30 does on the property we hunt. since most of us only kill 1-2 thoughout the year for meat, the last weekend can get pretty nasty. the good ole meat drive, or thin the herd hunt!:shedevil:shedevil:shedevil:shedevil

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,197 Posts
I'm not a hunter but if the FWC is as conservative with deer as they are with Red Snapper, I'd say if the offer a doe tag take full advantage of it.

Jim

·
Registered
239 Posts
The landowner of the property I hunt,request that Ishoot more doe's next year he toldmelast night the herd is getting out of whack with all the doe's! I guess it will be nanny slaying next year! Usually kill 2 or 3 year! I would rather eat a young doe than a booner anyday!

·
Registered
199 Posts
the ratio in the area I hunt is waaaaaay out of wack. I try to kill as many as I can during archery on wma's, #-5 on the lease during doe week, and every doe I see while depredating farm land. Depredation usually takes place while bucks are still developing antlers so I'd rather kill the nannies anyway

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
imkilroy (2/13/2010)I think I have already killed a dozen this year and still have about 6 doe tag's to go. I believe it is a vital part of deer management. The fact that I hate those skittish bitches is just a bonus!! LOL!
Dang Ken, if you need some help with that - I am here for ya boss! LOL:usaflag

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
You know my answer Chase.....I whack as many as I can!!!!That's why it killed me to be on a cruise fer the doe day week Florida has. Only killing 2 during archery put me behind the curve this year!!!Can't wait to see the % if alot of folks vote...You won't get my 45-50 % that don't believe in killing them on this forum though, cause most members are younger and more aware of conservation. Gotta talk to the older generation of hunters to get thosestats. I'll swing by before work Chase!:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
O yes Killed 3 this year. All in all there where 10 killed where I hunt and prob. needed a couple more shot. It's all about management.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes And took up archery just so i could take them on Eglin. Hunted all weekend saw 7 today 2 yesterday. I would of taken one and felt alot better than killing a small buck if one would have come along.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts